Replicate our leek and potato soup with Snowdonia cheese…
This scrumptious dish from our autumn set menu is just right when you need a hearty hit of home comfort. The recipe comes from our very own internationally renowned chef Adam Gaunt Evans.
- 50g Welsh unsalted butter
- 1 Large white onion, diced
- 2 Medium leeks, diced
- 2 Large Maris piper potatoes, peeled and diced
- Vegetable stock
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 100ml Double cream
- Snowdonia black bomber cheese
- Soured cream
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and white part of the leeks and sweat over a medium heat without colour for five minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cover with vegetable stock or water. Don’t forget the pinch of salt and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the green part of the leek and cook on a gentle boil for 20 minutes until the leeks and potatoes are tender.
- Blend with a stick blender, at this stage extra stock may be added to adjust the consistency.
- Add the cream to finish, season with salt and white pepper to taste.
This velvety soup can be made even more luxurious by finishing with a drizzle of soured cream, chunks of Snowdonia black bomber cheese and crispy croutons.